Karan Johar is a well-known director and producer of Bollywood. He has given many superhit films in the Bollywood industry. He has worked with many big Bollywood actors and actresses. But apart from this, questions have been raised every time regarding the behavior of Karan Johar. Due to this, he has become a victim of depression and anxiety many times. Recently, he made a big revelation regarding this in his chat show. Let us know about this story.
The attack came due to anxiety
Famous Bollywood director Karan Johar revealed in his chat show that he is a victim of depression, due to which he had an anxiety attack at the NMACC function of the Ambani family a few months ago. Karan said, I suddenly had an attack and that day I realized that I had depression. Varun Dhawan was with me at that time. He held my hand and asked me if I was okay. I told Varun no.
Hearing this, Varun took me to a room. At that time I was quite scared because I was breathing heavily. I might have had a cardiac arrest. I rested for half an hour in the room and then left for home. After going home, I went to my room and cried a lot. During this time I was not able to understand why I was crying.
The counselor helped
Karan further told me that I went to the counselor the next day and shared my problems with him and he then asked me to do meditation. Talking about Karan’s work front, he had also announced the making of a sequel to the film Dostana made under his production house Dharma. Now his eyes are on taking forward the franchise of the Dulhania series of films. The first film in this series, Humpty Sharma Ki Dulhania, was released in the year 2014 and the second film Badrinath Ki Dulhania was released in 2017.
In his recent interview, Karan told the media about this incident back in the days of the shooting with Varun Dhawan.
Let us know something about Karan Johar
Karan Johar is a prominent figure in the Indian film industry, particularly Bollywood. He is a renowned filmmaker, producer, director, screenwriter, and television personality. Here is some information about him:
Early Life and Background:
- He was born on May 25, 1972, in Mumbai, India.
- He comes from a film background; his father, Yash Johar, was a well-known film producer.
Career in Filmmaking:
- Karan Johar made his directorial debut with the film “Kuch Kuch Hota Hai” in 1998, which became a massive commercial success.
- He is known for his distinctive style of filmmaking, which often includes elements of romance, drama, and elaborate song-and-dance sequences.
- Some of his other notable films as a director include “Kabhi Khushi Kabhie Gham,” “Kabhi Alvida Naa Kehna,” “My Name Is Khan,” and “Ae Dil Hai Mushkil,” among others.
- He founded his own production company, Dharma Productions, which has been responsible for producing many successful films in Bollywood.
- In addition to directing and producing, Karan Johar has also worked as a screenwriter for several films. He’s known for his sharp and witty dialogues.
- Karan Johar has been a popular host and judge on various television shows, including the talk show “Koffee with Karan,” where he interviews celebrities.
Contributions to the Film Industry:
- He is credited with launching and promoting the careers of many actors and actresses in the industry.
Social Media and Influence:
- He is active on social media platforms and has a substantial following, making him an influential figure in Indian entertainment.
- He is known to be a private individual when it comes to his personal life. He has twins, Yash and Roohi, born through surrogacy.
Advocacy and Philanthropy:
- He has been an advocate for various social causes and has used his platform to raise awareness about important issues.
- Like many figures in the public eye, Karan Johar has been subject to various controversies and debates, both related to his films and personal opinions.
Recognition and Awards:
- He has received numerous awards for his contributions to the film industry, including National Film Awards and Filmfare Awards.
Karan is considered a significant influencer in Bollywood and continues to play a pivotal role in shaping the landscape of Indian cinema. His films and productions often reflect contemporary Indian society and its cultural values.